Tuesday, July 4, 2017

DNF Review: Children of Icarus by Caighlan Smith

Publication Date: August 1st 2016
Publisher: Switch Press
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Mythology
~ Goodreads ~

Synopsis:  It is Clara who is desperate to enter the labyrinth and it is Clara who is bright, strong, and fearless enough to take on any challenge. It is no surprise when she is chosen. But so is the girl who has always lived in her shadow. Together they enter. Within minutes, they are torn apart forever. Now the girl who has never left the city walls must fight to survive in a living nightmare, where one false turn with who to trust means a certain dead end."


My Rating
DNF

My Review
I wanted to like this book so much, but I just couldn't get into it. It's very rare that I leave a book and DNF it, but I've been trying to start this one for a few months and every time I give up and pick up another book.

I was so excited by the blurb, it sounds action packed, with a hint of the Maze Runner. That sounds good right? Well maybe it got better in the end but I just couldn't get there.

Every year, kids between the ages of 10 to 16 are chosen to enter the labyrinth and become Icarii. If you manage to make it out of the labyrinth you get to become and Angel. 

The main character is chosen to go into the labyrinth, and thats when the story begins. But the reason why I couldn't get into the book, was basically because I hated the main character, and most of the other characters in the book. The main character has no spunk, no life, she's very dull. Kind of like Kristen Stewart (who I hate). I thought her actions were horrible, I didn't like being in her head and I thought she was very unintelligent. She was basically the opposite of what I look for in a main character.

I heard a few people talking about this book, saying that the ending was absolutely amazing, and it made the whole book for them. So if you think you can manage to read in the main character's point of view then I would say give it a try, but if you're like me, then don't bother.

I wish the book and the series luck, I really wish I could have enjoyed it.

Happy Reading,
Aneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...