Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. With this amazing meme, you can check out which books I've gotten this past week.

Traded with @Splintered_Luv
Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza 
CROWN PRINCESS RHIANNON TA'AN WANTS VENGEANCE.

The only surviving heir to an ancient Kalusian dynasty, RHEEhas spent her life training to destroy the people who killed her family. Now, on the eve of her coronation, the time has finally come for Rhee to claim her throne - and her revenge.

ALYOSHA is a Wraetan who has risen above his war refugee origins to find fame as the dashing star of a DroneVision show. Despite his popularity, Aly struggles with anti-Wraetan prejudices and the pressure of being perfect in the public eye.

Their paths collide with one brutal act of violence: Rhee is attacked, barely escaping with her life. Aly is blamed for her presumed murder.

The princess and her accused killer are forced to go into hiding - even as a war between planets is waged in Rhee's name. But soon, Rhee and Aly discover that the assassination attempt is just one part of a sinister plot. Bound together by an evil that only they can stop, the two fugitives must join forces to save the galaxy.

In this exhilarating debut for fans of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles and Pierce Brown's Red Rising trilogy, RHODA BELLEZA crafts a powerful saga of vengeance, warfare, and the true meaning of legacy.

Traded with @justintime2989
The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares 
Summer for Sasha and Ray means the sprawling old house on Long Island. Since they were children, they’ve shared almost everything—reading the same books, running down the same sandy footpaths to the beach, eating peaches from the same market, laughing around the same sun-soaked dining table. Even sleeping in the same bed, on the very same worn cotton sheets. But they’ve never met.

Sasha’s dad was once married to Ray’s mom, and together they had three daughters: Emma, the perfectionist; Mattie, the beauty; and Quinn, the favorite. But the marriage crumbled and the bitterness lingered. Now there are two new families—and neither one will give up the beach house that holds the memories, happy and sad, of summers past.

The choices we make come back to haunt us; the effect on our destinies ripples out of our control…or does it? This summer, the lives of Sasha, Ray, and their siblings intersect in ways none of them ever dreamed, in a novel about family relationships, keeping secrets, and most of all, love.
 

Thank you so much to the two wonderful people who traded with me over #booksfortrade, I can't wait to dive into these books. What did you guys get this week? Let me know in the comments.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy those books, Empress Of A Thousand Skies looks AMAZING! And the cover is so so so gorgeous.
    Have a lovely weekend, Aneta :) <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I know! I can't wait to read it :)
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice! Been seeing Empress of a Thousand Skies around a bit lately! Curious to see your thoughts on it! Hope you enjoy the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. I can't wait to start it :)

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of the second book, but I read Empress of a Thousand Skies! It was a little underwhelming and disappointing for me, but I might still read the sequel. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Aneta. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I'm sorry to hear that :(
      I'm hoping that I like it, the synopsis sounds really good.
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. Love the cover for Empress of A Thousand Skies. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trades! I haven't ever done a trade but it sounds like a great idea. Both of these books look great. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were my first trades and I absolutely loved it.
      Definitely do it if you get the opportunity, I got rid of two books I will never read again and got two amazing ones in return.
      Thanks for visiting Carole

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...