Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February Wrap-Up

Hello everyone. This year I've decided to update you guys with a monthly wrap-up, where I let you know everything that has been happening on Angelic Book Reviews this past month.

What Happened This Month
Ah February, the month of love. My February wasn't too exciting. My second semester is well on its way, with exams and lots of lab reports coming up, I've been doing my best to study very hard. Also I've been filling out applications and information sheets in order to go into the department of microbiology and apply for a coop position starting next fall. I spent most of my valentines day working in the lab, after, me and my close friend decided to go out for sushi so we wouldn't have to be alone on Vday. Believe it or not, that was my first time trying sushi, and I loved it.

Books Reviewed This Month
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley | Rating: 5/5 stars
Quanta Reset by Lola Dodge | Rating: 5/5 stars
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco | Rating: 4/5 stars
United by Melissa Landers | Rating: 5/5 stars

Reading Challenge Progress
Goodreads Reading Challenge: 15/40 books read
Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 7/25 books read
Audiobook Challenge: 3/10 audiobooks

Giveaways Still Going On
YALit Blitz: Enter to win 50 YA books | Ends April 12th
Under the Peaches Blitz: Enter to win 5 Kindle copies | Ends March 8th
Life is But a Nightmare Blitz: Enter to win $25 Amazon gift card | Ends March 8th
Don't Speak Blitz: Enter to win a signed copy of the book | Ends March 8th
Beauty's Thief Blast: Enter to win a $50 Amazon or Paypal gift card | Ends March 19th

How was your February? Did you do anything exciting for Valentines Day?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't tried sushi yet, what is wrong with me?! I really need to, lol.
    Good luck with the studying! Hope you have a wonderful March :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy :)
      You should definitely try sushi when you get the change, I really ended up liking it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great reading month, and I'm glad you enjoyed sushi! Most people don't like it their first time around :) Awesome wrap-up!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what my friend said, she was very surprised that I liked it.
      Thanks so much for visiting Brittany.

      Delete
  3. My February was so...ordinary truth be told. But, I got a lot of reading done. I seem to be on a roll and I hope it stays that way! I really want to read The Bone Witch, even though it doesn't have the best reviews. United by Melissa Landers is definitely going on my TBR! It sounds like something I will enjoy! Thanks for sharing! You can check out my wrap up here: http://bookladysreviews.blogspot.gr/2017/03/monthly-wrap-up-february-2017.html

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you got some good reading done, who cares if the month was uneventful. You should definitely read the Bone Witch if you like fantasy stories, as long as you're not an action buff then I think you'll like it.
      Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get the co-op position! Sounds like you have some fantastic goals in place.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole. It really means a lot :)

      Delete
  5. I see you are doing well on your challenges. I'm doing a debut author and goodreads challenge for the first time this year. I love sushi and it's my new "fast food" because the local Japanese market makes them ahead of time, fresh every hour, and they are the best. no more McD's for me unless it's for a quick coffee or parfait. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...