Sunday, July 27, 2014

Geek Girl by Holly Smale

Series: Geek Girl #1
Publication Date: February 28th 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: Harriet Manners knows a lot of things. 

She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves. 

As Harriet veers from one couture disaster to the next with the help of her overly enthusiastic father and her uber-geeky stalker, Toby, she begins to realise that the world of fashion doesn't seem to like her any more than the real world did. 

And as her old life starts to fall apart, the question is: will Harriet be able to transform herself before she ruins everything?

My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Review: Geek Girl is the funniest and cutest book I have read in the longest time. Not only did this book make me laugh out loud, but it also shares some pretty good life lessons while doing so.

This new series starts off with out lovable Geek named Harriet, almost destroying half of the mall, and getting discovered by a modeling agent. Harriet knows that modeling isn't for her, but when her life starts going down the drain, she decides that maybe modeling could be her one chance at changing her life.

Harriet is such a hilarious character. She's very geeky with her all knowing facts and millions of lists, yet she is so relatable that I feel like we all have a little Harriet in us all. You just can't help but fall in love with her.

This book is going on my favorites list, I have never in my life come across a book that makes me actually put it down because I'm laughing so hard I can't read, and that's exactly what this book did. From Harriet's witty comments to her super funny family. 

This is such an enjoyable story that its honestly fit for all ages, I even gave it to my mom to read and she loved every single part of it.

Also, if you ever need a pick me up. This is the book to go to. It will make you laugh instantly and help you forget about your day.

I can't tell you how much I recommend this book. I already made most of my family read it, and now I'm telling you to read it too. No matter what type of books you like, or how old you are, this books is fit for all.

Happy Reading,
-Aneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...