Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Unite by Jamie Campbell

Series: Project Integrate #1
Publication Date: December 3rd 2013
Genre: YA, Romance, Aliens
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: United They Stand.

Seventeen years ago an entire generation of aliens were sent to Earth in order to save their home planet and integrate into the human population. Now, those aliens are being hunted.

Amery Jones is your typical teenager, except for the fact she is an alien and a member of the government’s secret Project Integrate.

When Amery’s best friend Lola is kidnapped in order to get to her, there is only one person that can help – the exceedingly annoying and charming Lochie Mercury.

Together, Amery and Lochie must put aside their differences and attraction in order to rescue Lola before it’s too late.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Review: Amery Jones is an Alien. She looks just like you and me, the only difference is a small triangle mark on her arm. 
When strange men in black suits find Amery, she knows that they mean her harm and she has to do everything in her power to save herself and the future of her people, as well as those she loves, which is never easy.

This is definitely one of my favorite alien books out there. It has a very noble and smart character, its full of action and it has a fantastic romance.

I loved Amery as a character, most of the time she doesn't seem like an alien but just another human being because shes so extremely likable and acts just like the rest of us. I love how caring she is for her family and friends, she would do absolutely anything for them, even risking her own life. You can't not love a selfless character like that. Amery is nothing close to a boring character, her bickering with Lochie is absolutely hilarious and it makes the most serious situations a little more enjoyable. 

The romance between the two characters was amazing! I absolutely love romances where the reader can definitely see that the characters love each other deep down but they're constantly bickering and believe that they hate each other. It was amazing to see their love grow for one another and seeing Amery slowly realize that she truly does love him.

The only thing that I didn't like about this book was the beginning. It was very slow and I didn't like the fact that they didn't come out and just say that Amery is an alien right from the beginning. Also the part about Amery wearing an Ankle Brace to track her moves was completely pointless since we find out later in the story that she has a tracking chip in her shoulder.

Other than these two small things, this book was absolutely wonderful! I definitely recommend this book to all alien fans and fans of romance books where the characters don't know they love each other.

Happy Reading
-Aneta

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a good change of pace for me from what I've been reading. I think I'll snag a copy from Amazon. Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my review. I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...